Friday, November 2, 2007

Early patterns... poorly.

Flight #: 013
CFI: Kristie H.
Aircraft: Robinson R22 Beta II
Aircraft ID: N7526S
Duration: 1.4hrs
Cumulative Time: 13.6hrs

Not a good session at all. Actually Kristie did not say that it was horrible, but it felt all wrong. I just could not get into my groove. I really don't know what it was but this morning was a step backwards in my mind. I missed all of my approaches - too steep or too shallow. Every set-down was hard and bumpy. Each pick-up was one-skid-high... significantly too high. And, to top it all off, I don't think I anticipated ETL once.

Should have just stayed in bed this morning.

Lucky flight #13, I guess.

During our post-flight debrief Kristie commented on my miss of ETL. And that I was just (over) correcting and that it will come with practice. She said that I should really heed the pre-ETL vibration. Huh? "pre-ETL vibration"?!? I had not noticed that at all and had just been trying to correct it all after it happened. If there is a helicopter tell, then vibration is it.

No comments: