Friday, November 30, 2007

Success!

I passed! 90%

Actually the test was rather easy... but I'm sure that has to do with a lot with the training and studying. The test consisted of 20 questions taken from the "Test Prep - Private Pilot 08" manual. I missed 2 questions. One of them I had no possibility of answering as it was not a rotorcraft:helicopter question - it was mis-selected for the test. But, it was on the test, and I guessed and got it wrong. The other one - well, I got sucked into the classic standardized test question trap - while I selected the correct answer, I did not select the most complete correct answer. Pfft!

What did I win? I get to move on to the next portion of the Stage 1 test... the take-home. This part consists of 58 questions relating to questions about flight, airport operations and other tidbits of information that one would have gained coming this far in the course and paying attention. The test was really well written - mainly because none of the questions were direct... they required taking learned facts and applying them to real world situations. Really had to think. Took much longer than I expected.

Taking it in to be graded Sunday morning... we'll see.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good going!

I missed 4 questions on my fixed-wing written, including one of those dumb ones that the FAA loves so well:

An airplane, cement mixer, and trial balloon are coverging. Which has the right-of-way?

OK. So I don't remember what the choices were anymore...