Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Practice Autos

Flight #: 033
CFI: Kristie H.
Aircraft: Robinson R22 Beta II
Aircraft ID: N8361N
Duration: 1.2hrs
Cumulative Time: 36.5hrs

Autorotations in the West Practice Area - the theme for today's flight. Things are definitely getting better. I'm a lot less anxious now and focusing on the smooth steps to execute the maneuver.

Also been focusing on those nasty hover autos. I'm getting quite a bit better, if I do say so myself. A successful HA is to not only land safely, but also to do it gently and without much yaw. I'm now withing 15º about 75% of the time. The other 25%... more like 45º.

Kristie and I had initially talked about getting my ramp solo in before the end of the month, but I'm pretty doubtful that this will actually happen. I lost 3 days this week due to weather and wind. I think I'm probably there, we just want to be sure. I still have some slop in my flight that I need to iron out.

Plus, no rush, right?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"No rush" is the only way to look at it. You'll solo when you solo! (How's that for profound...)