Friday, June 12, 2009

See ya Hillsboro Aviation. Hello Jerry Trimble Helicopters!

Backdated.

As of today, I'm done with Hillsboro Aviation.  Don't get me wrong, HAI gave me 100% of my helicopter flying to date. They taught me well, and I truly appreciate that. And, honestly, I would recommend them to anyone interested in their Private or Commercial certifications.  CFI training... no sir.  


Today I took my CFI : Fundamentals of Instruction (FoI) test with LaserGrade. Kicked out a 94%, so I'm happy with that, and I can say that today was a good day, in general because of that.  The other day, I could not be more pissed off - here's why.


We were all sitting around in the HAI classroom putting the final touches on our training folders.  See, HAI is a 141 school and they have an approved syllabus.  Even though there are not any requirements on hours set forth by the FAA for the CFI certification, HAI has set up a program which they have to follow - to the letter.


Well, it turns out that with all the cancellations and errors around the CFI class, we were .7hrs short of the requirement.  We had to sit there... and I mean sit there and burn the time.  They did not charge us for the time we sat there, which is only fair, but the poor planning was just too much.  I'm done with HAI.


So, that day, I took my FoI test. Took my "First Solo" picture off the wall, grabbed my training folders, and left the school.  No more money being spent there.


Again, thank you for the education, and everything you gave me so far... but the recent changes and lack of respect for student CFI's time is just too much to handle.


I called Jerry on the car ride on the way home, and we started planning my first CFI lesson with him.  August 10th.



No comments: