Thursday, March 6, 2008

1st Solo!

Flight #: 047
CFI: Kristie H.
Aircraft: Robinson R22 Beta II
Aircraft ID: N8340S
Duration: 1.2hrs
As PIC: 0.5hrs
Cumulative Time: 51.4hrs

Nothing to say but... it was awesome! Same feeling you get when you first have your learner's permit and your dad tells you he's going to jump out and has you run a few circuits in the high school parking lot. "I can't believe I'm doing this on my own!"

Kristie snapped a bunch of digital pictures... which I'll share as soon as I get them.

Feels really good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Way to go, Chris! That's a huge deal -- now it gets easier, and the fact that you've soloed tells the world (not to mention your CFI) that you're going to make it through all this and get your rating.

Isn't it amazing how ass-heavy an R22 is once you kick your CFI out of the ship?