Wednesday, March 19, 2008

In the groove...

Flight #: 051
CFI: Kristie H.
Aircraft: Robinson R22 Beta II
Aircraft ID: N8340S
Duration: 1.2hrs
Cumulative Time: 57.9hrs

Today I was in the groove, too bad the weather was not on our side.

Another "Triangle" flight, except as we rolled out of Aurora and started to head west I saw, off in the distance, a rather mean looking cloud off in the distance. About 10 miles south of McMinneville. I did some quick guestimating and decided that I couldn't "beat the cloud" to the airport, even if I wanted to try something that stupid. Kristie gave me the ever sought after "Good Decision".

So, once I got abeam St. Paul, I pulled the trigger and headed north, back to Hillsboro.

Despite the diversion, it was a good flight. Good communications, good speed and altitude control.

Finish up this TOD another day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's always a good decision to err on the side of safety. Later on you'll begin to push the envelope, but now is not the time. Good call!